- The City of Wells requires building permits for most construction projects. Many projects also require zoning approval. Please verify with City Hall if your project requires a building permit and/or zoning approval. Building permits can be obtained at City Hall.
- If you are utilizing a dumpster for your project, a dumpster permit is also required at no cost. Dumpsters may not be placed on public streets or alleys.
- You may fax your completed form to 507-553-5126 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The City of Wells Building Official's office is located in the lower level of Wells City Hall and can be contacted by phone at 507-553-6371 or BStensland@cityofwells.net.
- The Building Official works part time and is in the office on Tuesday & Fridays. Please call to verify if he is in before stopping because he is frequently in the field.
CALL BEFORE YOU DIG!!!
- Please remember to call Gopher State One Call, before you dig!
- Gopher State One Call’s services are free to everyone.
- Please contact Gopher State One Call to submit your dig information through any of the following methods:
- Online: http://gopherstateonecall.org/submit-dig-info/submit-my-dig-info
- From your Smart Phone: http://mnticketentry.korterraweb.com
- Telephone: (800) 252-1166 or (651) 454-0002
- Apply for a remodeling permit at least 7 days before the start of construction.
- Apply for a new construction permit at least 14 days before start of construction.
- The fee for Building Permits issued after construction has begun WILL BE DOUBLED.
- Permits are not valid until paid for!