Driver's License & Motor Vehicle Services
The City of Wells serves as a Deputy Registrar on behalf of the Minnesota Department of Public Safety and can process transactions for:
- Motor Vehicle
- Driver's License
- Department of Natural Resources (DNR) Recreational Vehicles
Motor Vehicle Services:
- Vehicle Licensing (Initial Registration)
- Registration (Tab) Renewals
- Proof of current insurance is REQUIRED for registration renewals
- Motor Vehicle Renewal via US Mail Information
- Title Transfers
- Title Transfer Fees
- The engine number MUST be provided on ALL motorcycle transfers
- Duplicate Tabs, Plates, and Titles
- Report the Sale of a Vehicle
- Click here
For more Motor Vehicle information click here.
Driver's License Services:
- Driver's License Renewals and Duplicates
- Minnesota Identification Card Renewals and Duplicates
- Instruction Permit Renewals and Duplicates
- Drivers Manuals: Available online and sold at our location
- Class D Manual - $5.00
- Motorcycle Manual - $5.00
- Commercial Drivers Manual- $10.00
- Click here for online manuals
Important Driver's License Information:
- The City of Wells DMV is NOT a testing station. Click here to find a testing station near you.
- For a list of Driver's License Fees click here.
- For more Driver's License information click here.
- Important things to remember regarding REAL ID's and Enhanced ID's:
- REAL IDs are optional. Standard driver’s licenses and ID cards will continue to be acceptable for driving and other identification purposes now that REAL ID is available.
- Minnesotans will be able to use their standard licenses and ID cards for federal purposes, including boarding domestic flights, until October 1, 2020.
- After Oct. 1, 2020, a REAL ID, Enhanced driver’s license or ID or passport will be required for those wanting to board domestic flights or enter federal facilities.
- REAL ID applicants should be sure to have all required documentation with them at the time of application. Please see the links below for further details.